Saturday, September 12, 2009

携帯 = keitai = cellphone!!

携帯!! So I don't know if I can be anymore excited about something in reference. Well yes I can, all of the cute and/or crazy food I see, but that's not the point of this post. I am super excited to have this phone because it's a legit phone - not like a pre-paid phone. My mom and I usually get the pre-paid phones that you can refill the funds with from Softbank when we go to Japan, but my grandmother decided to get me NTT Docomo. And I think her reason for choosing Docomo is the funniest - there's a store literally RIGHT across the street from her house. My grandparents+aunt+cousin visited earlier in August, and the original plan was for her to just get a Softbank phone for me and I would buy the phone cards to refill the funds. But she was nice and said she would get me a legit phone =) (part of it is because she bought my brother a laptop when he first went to college and I paid for my own) Thank you anyways grandma <3



Pretty =) I think it's funny/random that I have an animation of a beluga whale swimming around my screen when I first open my phone, but it still makes me smile. I still have a lot more to learn about it before I can be Pro at it though.


 The picture on the right is one of pre-set animated text                    messages I can send to someone - super cute!!!!! And the
one on the left is my phone in the stand they give me. The stand also doubles as a charging dock because I can plug the charger into the side of it. 

  Can we please compare the size of the screen to 
  the LG Rumor I have here? It's almost equal to
  my entire phone. But I can say that I will miss
  the QWERTY keyboard. Japanese cellphones      
  don't have T9 so I'll have to get used to 
  repeatedly pushing buttons to get to the next 
  letter. 
  In order to type in Japanese, you have to spell 
  the word out by each syllable and then press 
  Enter to select the correct conjugation of the 
  character(s) of the word that you are trying to 
  type. It may take me a little while to get used to
  texting, but I am super pumped to take advantage of everything my phone has to offer!
2 days... The last thing I have to do is get toiletries and TSA approved bottles for my carry-on. And I have to make sure to bring a couple extra quart-sized Ziploc bags. I got my travel-size perfume bottles thrown out at Customs in Tokyo because they weren't in an appropriate bag. Like really?!? I wasn't too upset because I had gotten all of those things for free while I had worked at Victoria's Secret, but still. I guess it's all fun and games until you forget your Ziploc bag... 

1 comment:

  1. My only comment....picture on the RIGHT is of the phone in the stand and picture on the LEFT is of animation. That is of course unless the Japanese right and left are switched :-P
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete